Low and High Ropes Course Staff – Part-Time/As-Needed $15 / hr.
Apple Ridge Farm is looking for an experienced and certified low and high ropes course staff to operate its ropes courses, including a 60 ft. climbing wall and zip line. If hired for summer camp, there is an estimated 16 hours per week for 6 weeks, plus training.
- Perform ropes structure and surrounding hazard inspections prior to climbing;
- Report any equipment, structure or surrounding hazard concerns to the Supervisor
- Ensure all gear and equipment are clean, orderly and accounted for
- Practice and be prepared for emergency procedures, such as rescues, and scripted protocol for emergency response
- Ensure the safety of all participants
- Role model at all times safety and leadership while providing guidance to staff and campers
- Conduct group preparation and safety briefings
- Perform high ropes tasks
- Facilitate team building amongst all group members by communicating and providing parameter and challenging tasks with each element and promote challenge by choice;
- Work outdoors
- Be in good physical health and able to handle physical aspects of running courses, conducting safety rescues, and assist participants.
- At least one year of high ropes experience
- Work in a camp/outdoor setting
- Work with youth ages 6-14
- ACCT High Ropes Certification
- First Aid / CPR / AED – Adult and Pediatric – Certification (or willing to participate in training)
Lifeguards – Part-Time/As-Needed $11 / hr.
Apple Ridge Farm is looking for trained and certified lifeguard staff for its summer camp and special events. This position is located in Copper Hill, VA 24079. If hired for summer camp, there is an estimated 24 hours per week for 6 weeks, plus training.
- General duties include maintenance of the pool environment: including chemicals; furniture and cleanliness
- Provide life safety for all campers and users of the swimming pool
- Teach swimming lessons for all classes. At the end of each camp session, prepare a summary of activities and highlights
- Assist campers at the pool area and in other areas when needed
- Assist with monitoring of campers during meals and during field trips or special activities
- Certified lifeguard and experience teaching children to swim (preferred)
- Background in pool maintenance including; chemicals; backwashing; vacuuming (preferred)
- First Aid / CPR / AED – Adult and Pediatric – Certification (willing to participate in training)
Summer Camp Counselors – Part-Time /As-Needed $15 / hr.
Apple Ridge Farm is looking for summer camp counselors to facilitate and lead our summer camp program. There is an estimated 32 hours per week for 6 weeks, plus training.
Please review the position description: Camp Counselor Job Description.
Housekeeper – Part-Time /As-Needed $12 / hr.
Apple Ridge Farm is looking for an experienced housekeeper to clean and maintain facilities and lodging areas. This position is located in Copper Hill, VA 24079. Hours will vary based on needs, i.e. rentals, summer camp, etc. There are approximately 8 hours a week for 6 weeks during summer camp.
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of assigned areas to Apple Ridge standards and requirements.
- Performs other duties as requested including but not limited to sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, trash removal, recycling, etc.
- Services guest rooms as needed in accordance with Apple Ridge Farm, Caboose Car Bed & Breakfast procedures such as stocking guest room supplies, changing bed linens, while following company standards and safety/security procedures.
- In some instances this role would also be responsible for conducting ‘deep cleaning’ activities within the guest rooms or event spaces in conjunction with volume needs or preventative maintenance tasks.
- Secures the facility, ensuring buildings are locked/unlocked as required.
- Ensures security of company assets.
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned by manager.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- This position requires strong attention to detail and an ability to communicate effectively with team members verbally and in written form.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling greater than 50 lbs.
- Must be proficient in use of e-mail, Google calendar, and smart-phone apps. Must have smart phone and good cell service.
- Must pass a successful Virginia Background Check to include violent crimes and crimes against minors.
- Reliable transportation.
Site-specific training and supplies will be provided.
All positions, but the Administrative Assistant positions are located in Copper Hill, VA 24079 (farm location).
Payroll occurs bi-weekly.
Successful background checks are required, specifically crimes against minors.
If the above sounds like a fit for you, we would love to have you join our Team!
All interested, qualified applicants should e-mail their current resume to email@example.com . More information is available by calling India at (540) 682-5566.
Positions open until filled.